Anna Bauer 089 - 5491 3023 email@example.com
History of Lenbach Palais
1 June 2014 Palais Lenbach GmbH takes over the Lenbach rooms and puts them to use for exclusive events. Palais Lenbach GmbH is a subsidiary of the Käfer Group, whose culinary management is based on a collaboration between Käfer and Flo & Co. Catering. Long-standing managing director Yvonne Mehrfeld is responsible for the Lenbach event accommodations.
2012 LENBACH is taken over by the Rilano Group and renamed Rilano No. 6.
1997 Peter Schmuck opens LENBACH in the sales rooms of the company Bernheimer. Sir Terence Conran, British star designer, designs the only originally preserved rooms in the Ottostraße under the motto "The seven sins".
1993 Jürgen Schneider is found to have committed massive fraud, and his real-estate empire collapses as a result. Deutsche Bank AG takes over "Palais am Lenbachplatz".
1987 Sales to Jürgen Schneider - Real estate. He commissions architect Alexander von Branca, to refurbish the exterior under strict conditions of cultural heritage laws and to modernise the interior of the building.
1977 The company enters its fourth generation. Konrad O. Bernheimer turns the operation into a globally active art gallery specialised in the Old Masters. Ten years later, he decides to sell the Palais to pay out his fellow heirs and extend his gallery.
1945 Following World War II, Otto Bernheimer received the building as a restitution. As the attic with its tower top was destroyed during the war, he commissioned a simplified refurbishment. Then a cinema was built in the ground floor, which was later turned into a dance hall.
1938/39 Threats and destruction ensued, the area was aryanised and the Bernheimer family was deported to the concentration camp in Dachau and were ultimately forced to leave the country.
1918 Lehmann's son Otto Bernheimer takes over the management of the company.
1909 Building extension in the Ottostrasse by Friedrich von Thiersch in Italian Renaissance style. The famous Tapestry hall (Gobelinsaal), with its coffered wooden ceiling, silk wall coverings and marble plates, is created to provide for a setting in which to impressively exhibit his works of art.
December 1889 The grand opening of the Bernheimer´schen Geschäftshaus is performed by Prince Regent Luitpold, making it clear that Lehmann Bernheimer is part of the uppermost echelons of Munich's society.
1887 - 1889 Creation of three generously sized, ensemble style buildings on the western side of Lenbachplatz. The former Bernheimer-Haus (now Lenbach Palais) was built first of the three, under Munich architect Friedrich von Thiersch and Martin Dülfer. Itserved as a home to Lehmann Bernheimer's family and contained representative business accommodation for the sale of carpets and antiques.